Wednesday, December 18, 2013

The Book Of Mormon Review continues...


It has been brought to my attention that my criticism of the blasphemy in The Book of Mormon was out of context. Apparently the people in the play saying and gesturing to our Creator the most blatant rejection imaginable were Ugandan natives sought out by Mormon missionaries. My response was that it was wrong in ANY context where people are being that incredibly blasphemous among onlookers roaring with laughter. You wouldn't catch me at this show to save my life.  
Here is where it gets even worse…the person correcting me said that he came out of the show with a good message: That it doesn't matter what religion you are in as long as you are a good person and live a good life. YIKES! The show is even worse than I thought. I wish it would have left off as just a blatant rejection to God's saving grace. Instead it had to sneak in the greatest lie ever told - that being good gets you to heaven.
It is not our good works but the one great work of Jesus that sets us free. If it were not true, he would not have told us so!
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. -Ephesians 2:8-9

Lastly I would like to point out that I by no means mean to judge any one of you who have chosen or will choose to go see the play. I am just warning those who may be offended if they go. Apparently, even though "God's favorite musical" (NOT!) has been out for several years, there is such a high ticket demand for it that it will be running through September! 

No comments: