10. It has become very fashionable. Research organizations are showing an 8% increase in small group Bible studies.
9. This is how Christianity flourished for the first 300 years. It wasn't until Emperor Constantine proclaimed religious tolerance that many of the churches were built.
8. The Bible is the #1 best seller of all time; ideal for those interested in cultural literacy. Look for it in the self-improvement section.
7. God blesses those who read and hear the words of His prophecy, which provides us with a firm foundation in His truth rather than the errors of the world. (Revelations 1:3)
6. It's a great place to meet new friends, or become closer to those you
5. Whether or not food is served, you will not leave hungry. (1 Peter 2:2)
4. Bible Study is like Faith Miracle Grow.
3. God's (s)word offers even more protection your .38 Special.
2. Studying the Bible will keep your 'lamps lit' for His return. (Matthew 25 & Psalm 119:105)
And the #1 reason…
1. Jesus told us to!!! (Matthew 4:4)
Limiting the reasons to join a Bible study group to ten was not easy. I do however, wish to express how important I feel it is to be a part of a Church community as well. Sharing prayer and extolling our Savior with song alongside fellow believers heals and feeds the soul like nothing else. I wouldn't want one without the other, or in other words, to be 'lukewarm'. (Revelation 3:15-16)
If your parish doesn't have a Bible study program, start one yourself. Grab two friends to start, and when others see your new radiance, they'll be sure to want to join in. You don't need to be a Bible scholar to lead a Bible study group; you simply need a willing heart. God will help you! There are many online sites to boost your confidence and set you on your way, most with free downloadable study guides. Have fun and remember to take great delight in what Jesus affirmed, "For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them." (Matthew 18:20)