Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Is God Talking to Me?


After a good ten minutes into a bedtime story, my four year old pulled her two fingers out of her mouth just long enough to ask, "Are you talking to me?" I cracked up. Of course I was talking to her! I giggled myself to sleep that night.

When it comes to certain books in the Bible, interestingly enough, God is in fact not talking to us. At first I thought that this was just as absurd as my daughter not knowing that I was talking to her, as she was the only other person in the room.

So how do you know when God is talking to you, and when His intentions are for someone else? It's almost enough to make you give up reading the Bible; as if it's not confusing enough already. Luckily, we are not the first ones to read it, as it has been around for a while. There are plenty of people who have done the work and figured the Bible out for us.

First we must identify who we are. If you are reading this, you are among the "Church Age". That is everyone born between the time Jesus was ascended into Heaven, until the Rapture. The thirteen books in the Bible that are speaking to the Church Age are Romans through Philemon. They cover the writings of the Apostle Paul, who was speaking to us. This would be a good starting point for those that may want to cut to the chase, and read what was intended for them.

Don't get me wrong, I believe it to be very important to read the Bible in its entirety. Once you get into it, I'll guarantee you that you will be very happy that you are in the Church Age. We have it easier than those before us, and way better than those after.



Recommended reading on this subject: One Book Rightly Divided www.rightlydivided.com






Please remember that BIBLE BAIT is written by a novice Bible study student, not a theologian.